Always look at the label and follow washing instructions for a specific product.
However, as most of the garments we supply are customised with print and/or embroidery, please also see below some basic rules to ensure your garments are not adversely affected through poor garment care.
The main mistakes in garment care involve HEAT or CONDITIONERS, especially on printed garments.
- Garments which have been printed must never be washed at more than 30°C
- Garments which have been printed should be washed inside out
- DO NOT USE FABRIC CONDITIONER on printed garments
- NEVER TUMBLE DRY garments which have been printed.
Garments which have been stained by mud, grass or other substances, may not return to their original
condition. But a few precautions can help avoid this:
- Do not let garments dry out as this can allow stains to set in
- Avoid leaving kits bundled or folded together for any length of time after use
- Soaking soiled garments in luke warm water can help reduce the possibility of staining
- Do not overload the washing machine with soiled garments
- Wash dark colours separately
- It is often sensible to wash socks separately to shirts and shorts
Rain Jackets & Waterproof Garments are usually made from a specially coated fabric. This makes the care
of these garments even more important:
- Either hand wash in cold water or wash separately in a cold wash cycle in a machine
- Always wash inside out
- Do not bleach
- Do not tumble dry
- Ensure product is fully dry before folding
- We recommend all products are allowed to dry naturally
- For best results pull garment into shape whilst damp
- Follow specific garment instructions with regards to tumble drying
- NEVER tumble dry a garment than includes a digital print – numbers, initials, sponsor logos etc
- NEVER tumble dry a rain jacket or waterproof garment
- Many sportswear garments will not require ironing, but please follow garment care of specific product when ironing.
- We recommend all garments are ironed inside out
- Never place an iron directly onto a digital print
- Gathering of garment can often occur around any embroidery on a garment. Ironing the area (inside out) will usually straighten out this issue
Balon cannot accept responsibility for damage to garments where the above instructions have clearly not been followed. If you have any queries, please feel free to contact us for advice via email@example.com